EVERGREEN VISION, MISSION & VALUES
Vision: (the eyes)
- Our Mid-Shore community actively engaged in cultivating growth and wellness to better serve family, community and the world.
Mission: (the hands)
- We are a catalyst for personal growth and well-being that offers innovative programs, services and resources.
Values: (the heart)
- We value a holistic world view which recognizes the interconnectedness of all life and encourages actions consistent with that view.
- We value a safe, non-judgmental and diverse environment for exploration, learning and growth.
- We value the wisdom traditions, practices and healing arts that nurture well-being.
Evergreen A Center for Balanced Living, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. A copy of our current financial statement is available upon request from the State of Maryland Office of the Secretary of State.
Since 1993, people have been coming to Evergreen to create well-being in their lives. Here, they find a peaceful oasis set on four quiet, wooded acres on the Tred Avon waterfront. For many of us, just turning into Evergreen’s driveway is enough to calm both mind and spirit.
Our program offerings are wide ranging, encompassing personal and spiritual growth, health and wellness, relationships, creative self expression and more. Many of our programs involve partnerships with other local organizations, including Shore Health System, Talbot Hospice Foundation, and Chesapeake College.
The certified professionals practicing at the Wellness Center at Evergreen are dedicated to providing compassionate and enriching services that help to restore body mind and spirit. We offer a wide range of modalities from massage therapy and reiki to nutritional counseling and psychotherapy, and the list of services continues to grow. (The Wellness Center professionals are independent contractors who lease offices from Evergreen A Center for Balanced Living, Inc.)
Here, too, you will find an amazing 5,000 volume lending library created entirely through the generous donations of our members and friends and a classical seven-circuit labyrinth at the water’s edge.
Evergreen provides many pathways to well-being. Come find yours!