Class taught by local artist and educator, Terri Watson,
Thursday mornings 9:30-11:00 am
September 17, 2015 – October 8, 2015 (4weeks)
Cost: $100.00 for Evergreen members; $120.00 for non-members
Creating a journal combining artful expression and writing can be both inspiring and therapeutic. It can provide a way to heal mind, body and spirit by exploring our thoughts and emotions. This uplifting form of journaling is for everyone but is especially helpful to those suffering from illness and pain.
The class will cover the basics of journaling with an emphasis on using art to improve our spiritual and physical well being. Techniques are simple and require no art background. Individuals will learn to express themselves using their own natural abilities. Students will create their own journals during class.
Class will cover:
- choosing a theme for your journal
- exploring mixed media
- page preparation
- composition and layout
- discussion of image selection, color, pattern and texture to create a mood
- use of materials and art products
- lettering and doodling
- embellishments and fun stuff
- tips and techniquesMaterials for class are not included. A list is available on the Evergreen website or by contacting Terri Watson by email. Estimated cost for materials is $35.00. Materials are available at local arts and crafts stores such as Michaels.